Sonntag, 25. November 2007

Chapter Seven: Father and son


After reading chapter 7:
Comment on the following quote: "And, of course, Alex understood only too well." (p.43, l.33)
Write a different ending of the chapter: "That night, when Alex had gone to sleep, TOM picked up his diary and began writing." (compare p.43, l.34f)

In this chapter Alex and Tom tried to unterstand each other. The author wanted to tell us in this quote, that Alex tried to understand it, why Tom left his family and didn't contact him. Tom wanted to travel around the world and he wouldn't become an adult. As far as I'm concerned, Alex wont to be an adult, because he is afraid that he makes a mistake like his father too.

That night, when Alex had gone to sleep, TOM picked up his diary and began writing.

Friday, 8 February
This day was a wonderful day. Today it was my first meeting with Alex after 16 years. Alex is a good looking boy with a good personality.
He asked me, why I... left home and didn't contact him. I gave him my answer; I hope he understand me.
In the days I was young I had made a big mistake. I'm really sorry, what I've done. I will the best for him and tries to help him, whenever he has a problem or what ever. I can't turn it back, but I can tries to be a good father for him. I hope he accepts and can forgive me.....


1 Kommentar:

Koray hat gesagt…

The diary entry is well done and the picture is fitting. But I would not say that I will help him at every problem but I would try. I like your blog, and I think it's you succeeded.